Gov. Brown calls for moment of silence to honor Newtown victims

SACRAMENTO – At the request of Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy, Gov. Edmund G. Brown Jr. today called for Californians to observe a moment of silence on Friday in honor of the twenty children and six adults killed in Newtown.

Gov. Malloy made this request of all U.S. governors on Dec. 18.

California will observe the moment of silence at 9:30 a..m. Pacific Time on Friday, Dec. 21.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusreddit

1. T. Maurus Friday, December 21, 2012 / 8:43 pm

May the deaths of the children and the educators not go in vain. May the leaders of Connecticut, D.C. and all the other states, work together as a group and not as Democrats, Republicans or Independents but as parents and concerned citizens to prevent this from happening again. My prayers to the survivors and families of the victims. Know that God is with you and will comfort you.

• anthony.arredondo Sunday, December 23, 2012 / 11:41 pm

May God bless all those innocent Angels who were murdered as Myters and are seated at the right hand of the father. God has a very special place in his heart for his children.Christ said no one may enter Heaven unless they are as innocent and pure as these children and those who receive my children will not only receive me but also the one who sent me.

2. Janice White Friday, December 21, 2012 / 5:55 pm

Fall to your knees and hear the Angel’s Voices Singing! I know God will give strength and peace to all the parents and families of our precious victims of this senseless act. They are ALL with God at this very moment…What a Beautiful place to be!

3. M. Fox Friday, December 21, 2012 / 5:55 pm

Glory to God as these little angels and the school staff are in Heaven. Jesus said “Let the little children come to me.”
    I pray for the families and friends.

4. G. Capozzi Friday, December 21, 2012 / 5:27 pm

God bless the families and the whole community. To be absent from the body means to be present with the Lord.

5. Ron Evans, PT Friday, December 21, 2012 / 5:00 pm

May this tragedy bring to all of usthe realization that life is so precious, and should be given all of our respect.
    Our prayers should include a request for peace for all involved.
    The Bible says that the little ones shall sit at is feet. What a wonderful scene!

6. patti Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:52 pm

We pray for each family. God, you are the God of all comfort; pour out Your comfort upon these families. God, heal the brokenhearted.

7. Peter Macias Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:49 pm

This country is no better than any other. We kill our own people, we fail our own people, the heart of this country has failed and pushed God far away and we need to get right with God as a nation and welcome our creator back with loving arms and hearts wide open. God doesn’t need us-we need God. Jesus is the only way. He is the way, the truth, and the life. Time for a revival. My prayers are with you all. God bless.

8. Peter Macias Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:31 pm

Praying for their strength, understanding, peace, and comfort. Cry out to Jesus.

9. Barbara Valdez Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:21 pm

I cannot imagine what unbearable sorrow you are going through with the loss of your loved ones. Please let God help you through it, and know that myself and many more people include you in our prayers daily. God bless you.

10. Deborah Anderson Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:15 pm

Now is the time for the PEOPLE to do the hard work to keep this from happening again.

11. C. Goodwin Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:13 pm

And i heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the thorne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. God will bless all 27 of his angles and lift their family spirit and have peace.

12. Kristin W. Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:05 pm

The only way to justify the untimely end of such young souls is to think that, long before they were ever here on earth, God told them, “I know you want to stay here in heaven with me. But I am sending you to earth for a SHORT TIME. You will return to me before you know it. The pain will melt and you will be back at MY FEET in heaven. So enjoy earth for a few years, then you will be back.” That is the only way I can justify in my heart what it means to lose a child. And the same for the adults who also lost their lives. What can you say? This life is so precious, we never know it’s end. We only know it begins with that first breath.

13. Kathy E Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:02 pm

My heart is broken. I pray that God holds your heart and holds you close to Him to bring you comfort and strength. God gives you the hope in seeing your babies again when we will meet Him in Heaven!

14. Brittany Thomas Friday, December 21, 2012 / 3:38 pm

May God Bless all of the victims. I will keep you in my prayers!

• Emily Street/ cinnabon Sunday, December 23, 2012 / 3:46 pm

Mrs Thomas…. i will pray along with you.. such a senseless act.. May god bless the families..

15. L. Jordan Friday, December 21, 2012 / 3:32 pm

My heart goes out to those who have lost their loved ones and those there who could do nothing to stop this. Have strenght in GOD and he will help you through this time.

16. beatriz garcia Friday, December 21, 2012 / 3:23 pm

GOD will wipe away every tear from their eyes, there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying…Nothing can ever separate us from GOD’S love,neither death nor life, neither angel’s nor demon’s neither our fears for today nor worries about tomorrow…These is GOD’S PROMISE.

17. Leticia Lara Friday, December 21, 2012 / 3:21 pm

May God give the families of the victims the strength and peace they need during this time and all parents and leaders of this country to learn from this tragedy so we can prevent this from happening again.

18. A. Long Friday, December 21, 2012 / 3:07 pm

My prayers are with all of these families. I am so sorry about your losses. My heart goes out to all of you who lost a dear one.

19. Abayomi Sonuyi Friday, December 21, 2012 / 3:00 pm

May their souls rest in perfect peace. Our prayers to the victims families.

20. Abayomi Sonuyi Friday, December 21, 2012 / 2:58 pm

May their soul rest in perfect peace. Our prayers to the victims families.

21. D.SHAND Friday, December 21, 2012 / 2:51 pm

How do you say Good Bye to the young and the Brave.Rest in the Lord.Prayers for all.

22. Micheal Robb Friday, December 21, 2012 / 2:38 pm

God Bless the families of this horrible act. I hope that they may find peace. I know these children and their teachers (protectors) are watching from heaven.

23. m adkins Friday, December 21, 2012 / 6:50 am

MAY GOD GIVE ALL FAMILY STRENGTH. WE LOOK T O OUR CREATOR FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS OUR HELP. COME FROM GOD. . GOD BLESS AMERCIA.

24. Ferdie Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:22 am

Rest in peace to all the victims…We will NEVER forget..

25. James Nail Friday, December 21, 2012 / 2:42 am

I don’t believe they need silence. They need noise. They need this country to shout at the top of its lungs and demand our leaders to keep our children safe!

26. willie i Friday, December 21, 2012 / 1:04 am

May God give them peace. We pray for them and their family,

27. G. Williams Friday, December 21, 2012 / 12:56 am

May God bless all these little angels.

28. G. Williams Friday, December 21, 2012 / 12:53 am

May God bless each and everyone of these little angels. This is far too soon for them to leave this earth.
    Always in our prayers!

• M. Renteria Friday, December 21, 2012 / 4:15 pm

God bless the family and friends of these innocent souls. May they have the strength they need to get through this. My prayers are with them all.