David J. Calmere

The Correctional Training Facility (CTF) reports the passing of Correctional Officer David J. Calmere.

Officer Calmere was killed in a vehicle accident in San Benito County on July 12 at approximately 12:28 p.m.

Officer Calmere began his career with the State of California on Oct. 29, 2007. He started working at CTF on Feb. 23, 2008.

facebooktwittergoogle_plusreddit

1. Rob Contreras Tuesday, July 30, 2013 / 3:22 am

Dave and I carpooled to the academy and were in the same company as well as worked at CTF together. I’m honored to have known Dave, he is a great man, partner, friend and most importantly father! He well be greatly missed! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I’m so sorry for your loss. Rest In Peace Brother!

2. Terri Foley Sunday, July 28, 2013 / 5:08 pm

I am not sure if this is Okay to let everyone know that we want to welcome all who new Dave:
    Celebration of David Calmere life:
    Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:00 am, @ Refuge Church: 6955 Portola. Atascadero, Ca 93422

3. Pablo Reyes Saturday, July 27, 2013 / 7:15 pm

Dave always made me laugh no matter what. My heart goes out to the Calmere family during this difficult loss. We know that no words can help ease the pain and loss that you are feeling right now. You are in our every prayer and thought. Dave may you Rest In Peace.

4. Joe and Susan Calmere Saturday, July 27, 2013 / 1:45 pm

A celebration of David’s life will be on Tuesday, July 30, at 10:00 am. It will be at Refuge in Atascadero. The church is located on Portola St. We welcome his friends to help us remember David.

5. Officer M. Robb Thursday, July 25, 2013 / 4:04 pm

David was a good man. I remember working with during my time at CTF. He will be missed.

6. C/O S.F.Mendoza- CHCFstockton Wednesday, July 24, 2013 / 3:34 am

Officer Calmere and I had IST toghether,he presented himself as a professional, a nice person to be around.
    My sympathy and condolences to correctional officer Calmere’s family,

7. Octavio Becerra Monday, July 22, 2013 / 6:36 am

My condolences, thoughts and prayers go out the children & family of Officer D. Calmere. We stand with you all during this difficult time.

8. C/O M.Garza and C/O T. Garza Monday, July 22, 2013 / 3:27 am

Our thoughts and prayers go out to CTF Fellow Officer Calmere’s family and friends.

9. Gabriela E. Constantino Sunday, July 21, 2013 / 6:55 am

My prayers go out to the Calmere family.
    C/O Calmere you will be missed.

10. Jotham H. Saturday, July 20, 2013 / 9:27 pm

Dave was nice and a wonderful old friend. God bless the family and keep them in prayers.

11. E. Evans Saturday, July 20, 2013 / 5:03 am

I worked with officer Calmere at C.T.F. He was a real good guy real cool to be around and a dedicated officer he will b greatly missed. I send my deepest condolences to his family, friends and children.

12. Andrew Heystee Saturday, July 20, 2013 / 3:06 am

My heartfelt condolences go out to all the family and friends that knew Dave Calmere. I knew Dave since the late 90s, and we shared a lot of good times! I will truly miss Dave, and I am so saddened on the sudden loss of his life. Dave led a quiet life, but had a kind heart. I’ll always remember the times that we had spent together, and those memories will not be forgotten. May God bring his peace and comfort to all those that are mourning his death. We will, together overcome this. May we support one another during this time of grief

13. D.D.Davis Thursday, July 18, 2013 / 4:20 pm

Officer Calmere and I were in Delta Company in the academy. He was a very pleasant person to talk to. He always had positive things to say. Calmere you will be missed. My prayers goes out to the Calmere Family. God bless

14. Kris Anderson Thursday, July 18, 2013 / 1:28 pm

Officer Calmere and I went to the academy together and then to CTF. He was a great person and one of the few postive thinkers in CDCR to talk to. He loved his family and will be greatly missed. My prayers go out to the Calmere familly!

15. CHINO MIKE Thursday, July 18, 2013 / 3:56 am

God bless

16. Derrick Patrick Wednesday, July 17, 2013 / 9:55 pm

I never really knew Officer Calmere, except for the fact we both joined the CDCR Family on 29 October 2007. My prayers go out to Officer Calmere’s family and friends that knew and worked with him. R.I.P. Officer David Calmere

17. Terri Foley Wednesday, July 17, 2013 / 8:38 pm

David was and still is the love of my daughter’s life. I am grateful and blessed for the time he shared with our family. He will be deeply missed and loved. To all the men and women who have reached out to my daughter, Andi, thank you.

18. andi calmere Wednesday, July 17, 2013 / 6:15 pm

My husband is a beautiful man. I am proud to be his wife as his love for me and our five children blended together in life our hearts will hold tightly forever. His smile warms my heart and fills our memories along with the many friends and family he touched by his kindness and compassion for everything. I want to thank the people who have reached out with kindness and love for our children and myself a true blessing. Loving thoughts, Andi Calmere

• Lori Wednesday, July 17, 2013 / 11:06 pm

Andi and family, we were so sorry to hear about your difficult loss. Our thoughts are with you and the children.

19. Moises Soria Tuesday, July 16, 2013 / 8:57 pm

I had the opportunity to work with Officer Calmere when he first arrived to CTF at North Facility. A great Officer and a great positive person. Sad to hear of his passing. Prayers and thoughts go out to his family as well as all those who worked with David.

20. Cathy CC Lowas Tuesday, July 16, 2013 / 4:07 pm

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. God speed David.

• Joe and Susan Calmere Thursday, July 18, 2013 / 5:37 pm

David, was a wonderful son. He lit up our hearts with his beautiful smile and his tenderness. He loved his family and they loved him and will miss him so much until we are all reunited again. He was proud to be doing the work he did and he had a bond with his fellow officers that he truly enjoyed. We will remember all the good he did and cherish the time we had with him. He was a blessing from God to us. Thanks for all the kind thoughts, David’s family really appreciates it.