Brenda Cruz

The California Institution for Men (CIM) reports the passing of  Correctional Officer Brenda Cruz on Nov. 7.

Officer Cruz began her career as a Dental Assistant in June 1995 at Heman G. Stark (HGS) Youth Correctional Facility.

She promoted to Youth Correctional Counselor at HGS in July 2001, and became a Youth Correctional Officer in June 2004.

Officer Cruz transferred to CIM in March 2010.

1. M. Cole Monday, November 18, 2013 / 8:35 pm

Brenda, The battle was not easy, but it is a fight we know we must endure. We are not alone. We’re part of a great sisterhood. Supporting each other in the ultimate fight for life. Thank you Brenda for your encouragement. RIP

2. sal velasquez Friday, November 15, 2013 / 7:40 am

I’ll always remember the cruiser. whom I worked with at hgs ycf in chinoshe will be missed and will be always in my heart.
    love
    Sal Velasquez aka harpo

3. Lisa Brooks, AGPA Thursday, November 14, 2013 / 6:02 pm

I am so very sorry to learn of Brenda’s passing. I worked with her at Heman G Stark when she was still a Dental Assistant. She had a great smile, disposition, and a great spirit. I know she will be deeply missed. My condolences to the Cruz Family.

4. Kaz Tuesday, November 12, 2013 / 4:32 pm

Your positive attitude and smile will be missed. Brenda was a great coworker. My deepest condolences to the Cruz family.

5. Ofc. G. Castillo Tuesday, November 12, 2013 / 8:25 am

Brenda Cruz was a great officer and a good friend to all who knew her. Glad to have work alongside her in YTS.

6. Mena Sunday, November 10, 2013 / 12:37 am

God Bless The Cruz Family. R.I.P Officer Cruz

7. Samuel Grimes - YCC Saturday, November 9, 2013 / 5:27 am

Positive Thoughts and Prayers for the Cruz Family during this very difficult time. Officer Cruz will be missed by all who knew her.