Shawn Romero

California Health Care Facility (CHCF) reports the passing of Correctional Officer Shawn Romero.

Officer Romero succumbed to injuries he received in a traffic accident Nov. 13 while riding his motorcycle.

Officer Romero began his career with CDCR as a Correctional Officer in 2007 at the Richard A. McGee Correctional Training Center.

He also served as an officer at Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI) before transferring to CHCF in August 2013.

1. Sgt. D. Peters Thursday, December 5, 2013 / 7:08 am

Shawn’s E.O.W came way too soon. He will be truly missed and will never be forgotten. Shawn was a great Officer, but he was an awesome father to his children. Shawn will always be our “Superman” who is flying with the angels.

2. M. Amaro Tuesday, December 3, 2013 / 8:15 pm

Saddened by the news. R.I.P. Shawn. Prayers for his children and family.

3. S. Smith Saturday, November 30, 2013 / 12:32 pm

I didn’t know you, but may God bless your family! I will pray for your family as well!

4. J.Godinez Thursday, November 28, 2013 / 8:47 am

I would like to express my sympathies to the Romero family. It is sad to lose one of our own. I’m sure the man in the sky was short an angel. Romero you will be missed. Until we meet again.

5. Derrick Patrick Wednesday, November 27, 2013 / 11:19 pm

RIP my brother in arms. My deepest sympathies to your family and friends.

6. C\O J Jackson Tuesday, November 26, 2013 / 5:15 pm

It was a pleasure to have worked with Correctional Officer S. Romero. He was a person who was always thought highly of by all. My prayers are with the family and friends of Officer Romero. May you rest in peace brother.

7. Miguel Ortega Monday, November 25, 2013 / 7:27 am

It’s always hard to see one of ours go before their time, especially one you have come to know and have shared so many memories with. It doesn’t matter whether you’ve known them all your life or only a minute that person has made an impact on you already.
    Shawn, you are my friend and you shall be missed by your loved ones and your friends but you will not be forgotten.
    Y\you will remain in our hearts and our memories for always.
    Your friend, Miguel Ortega

8. DM & RD PEREZ Saturday, November 23, 2013 / 3:42 pm

Even though we have never met, through fellow officers sharing great stories about you I know you where a great person. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Rest in peace Brother Romero. You will be missed!

9. Sgt. M. Valladares Saturday, November 23, 2013 / 2:29 am

All Staff here at DVI express our deepist condolences to the Romero Family. We were blessed to have the honor of working with Officer Romero for the past six years. He was Co-Worker, Friend and Brother.

10. Stella Miles Friday, November 22, 2013 / 6:34 pm

May God bless the Romero family and see you all through this ordeal. My prayers are with you and for you.

11. V.Lindsey Friday, November 22, 2013 / 12:15 pm

No words can explain how heavy my heart is. No one will ever have an answer as to why a life was taken away so soon. RIP Romero! I’m glad I got to meet you!

• c/o A. Garcia Tuesday, November 26, 2013 / 6:32 am

Whenever I saw Shawn, I looked forward to talking about the next new movie release or asking when he was going to sell me his lowrider for dirt cheap. He was one of the true good guys and will be missed. Rest In Paradise buddy.