Manuel Hidalgo

The California City Correctional Facility reported the passing of Correctional Officer Manuel Hidalgo.

On Dec. 31, 2013, Officer Hidalgo was involved in a traffic accident in Lancaster on his way home from work.

Officer Hidalgo was transported to Antelope Valley Hospital.

On Jan. 2, Officer Hidalgo passed away at the hospital due to complications from his injuries.

1. Brian Baker Thursday, January 16, 2014 / 9:48 pm

I will always picture you with that great BIG smile. You were always great to your coworkers and you are greatly missed by all of them!

2. Bobbie Tuesday, January 14, 2014 / 4:31 pm

I will miss your big beautiful smile and positive attitude. Rest with the angels. Prayers for your family

3. MJ Sunday, January 12, 2014 / 3:29 am

Manny, I miss you already! 🙁
    I will always remember how hard you would make me laugh in class! Good times! You will always have a place in my heart! From your friend, the “West Coast Widow”

4. A friend......... Thursday, January 9, 2014 / 6:34 pm

Words cannot express losing a spirited person like you brother. I will never forget working the line with you. Thank you for sharing your art with me. I was always amazed by your talent in drawing. Sorry for cracking jokes about your jungle boots, but it passed time on the line and was funny. God Speed, Manny

5. Praying For You Thursday, January 9, 2014 / 2:14 am

Manuel, we did not know each other very well. I just met you from school. Although we only were around one another for a few hours you had a beautiful spirit surrounding you. May God bless your family. Rest In Paradise.

6. J. Melgoza Wednesday, January 8, 2014 / 10:49 am

I can’t believe it. May you rest in peace brother. May God grant your famly peace and understanding in this time of mourning. My condolences to your family. Put in a good word for your brothers in Tehachapi. Til we see each other again.

7. Joe Serna Monday, January 6, 2014 / 11:06 pm

I would like to say Manny will be really missed by his friends and partners that worked with him on the line. Manny was an awsome person he always had a positive attitude and a big smile. Manny was more then a partner. He was family, our brother and it hurts to see him go so sudden. Manny will be dearly missed by all staff at CCI. My prayers and heartfelt condolences go out to Manny’s family. May God hold you in the palm of His hand and may you rest in peace. I will miss you, big boy.

8. Erik Sodergren Monday, January 6, 2014 / 4:54 pm

A genuine tragedy. Manuel’s spirit lives on with the CDCR family that will miss his friendly smile and his positive attitude. All of us at CCI mourn our loss and pray for his family. Rest in peace.

9. Sharron Forney Sunday, January 5, 2014 / 9:34 pm

While working at CCI, Manuel and I worked together numerous times. He was a Wonderful partner, and always had everyone around him laughing at all times. His personality was amazing and he was a joy to be around. I was sadden to hear about his untimely death. My prayers go out to his family. Rest in peace, my friend.

10. anthony Sunday, January 5, 2014 / 6:31 am

I had the pleasure working with Hidalgo. I’m lost for words.I continue to pray for your family may you rest in peace brother.

11. C.ACEVEDO Saturday, January 4, 2014 / 5:30 am