Robert Story

The Division of Adult Parole Operations reported that retired Parole Agent II Robert Story has passed away.

He started his CDCR career at the California Training Facility as a Correctional Officer in 1986. In 1988, he transferred to the California Medical Facility.

In 1997, he was promited to Parole Agent I in the Richmond Parole Unit. Agent Story was promoted to Parole Agent II Specialist in 2004 in the Auburn Parole Unit.

Services will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, at the Auburn Presbyterian Church, 13025 Bel Air Drive, Auburn, CA.

1. Lorna R. Brewster Wednesday, March 12, 2014 / 5:56 pm

I worked under Robert Story. He is the best agent that I’ve ever worked with. He always gave a helping hands. He put in efforts to help out with the Reentry unit. He is well loved by the unit because of his sense of humor, his sensitivity, his love for his job.

2. Kim Gallegos, P.A. I Tuesday, March 11, 2014 / 4:54 pm

Rest well Robert. You are missed.

3. Onwuemeka, J Tuesday, March 11, 2014 / 7:15 am

What a painful way to depart this world. My heart goes out to his family especially his wife who was lucky to survive the crash. I didn’t know Mr.Robert and never worked with him, but a death of one fellow law enforcement Officer is always felt by all. A painful reminder that one day, we will all be gone one way or the other. Take heart, Mrs. Story.

4. Sheila Mayes Monday, March 10, 2014 / 4:55 pm

So, so sad to hear this news. My heart hurts for his family. Wonderful, wonderful man.

5. Michele Gardner Monday, March 10, 2014 / 3:52 pm

I used to work with Robert when he would be @ Case Records North. So sorry to hear about his passing. A very very nice person. May God bless him and his family.

• Gayle Campora Monday, March 10, 2014 / 10:47 pm

When working with Robert in Auburn, he always made me laugh and would help anyone, anytime. My heart breaks for his family, some things we will never understand. He wll always be in my heart.