Barbara Ellen Burchfield

Mrs. Burchfield passed on May 31.  She was preceded in death by her husband, Sgt. Hal Burchfield, who was killed in the line of duty at San Quentin State Prison on June 8, 1985.

For more than 20 years, Mrs. Burchfield traveled throughout the United States visiting the prison systems as a representative of the Correctional Peace Officers Foundation, sharing her compassion and dedication to helping the families of Correctional Staff.

In lieu of flowers, her family requests that donations be made to:

• “The Big House Prison Museum’’
  • Correctional Peace Officers Foundation
  • P.O. Box 348390
  • Sacramento, CA 95834

Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, June 21 at the Correctional Peace Officers Foundation, 1346 N. Market Blvd., Sacramento

1. Walter Tucker Wednesday, September 28, 2016 / 8:30 pm

Thank you for fighting the good fight.

2. Trey Littlejohns Sunday, June 29, 2014 / 5:01 pm

Barbara and Hal were very involved with their church and the youth group when their children were of age.
    My prayers are with your family.

3. Jodi Ramirez Thursday, June 26, 2014 / 4:55 pm

My prayers for your family. Barbara was there for me in my time of need 22 years ago. I am forever grateful!! Such a wonderful and sweet woman.

4. Lea Ann Branch Saturday, June 21, 2014 / 6:35 pm

Barbara was one of the strongest, most compassionate people I ever met. I met her at Hal’s funeral service. I worked with and for Hal. Barbara did so much for so many … I will never forget them. All my prayers to your family

5. Sgt. Jose Padilla Friday, June 20, 2014 / 4:55 pm

What a Warrior she was as she fought for all of our rights in the prison system. Now may she fight for us as an Angel for our Fathers Kingdom. Thank You Burchfield family and my Family will keep you all in prayer and I would hope the CDCR Family would do the same. God bless

6. Jeremiah Burchfield Friday, June 20, 2014 / 6:21 am

Thank you for your condolences. -The Burchfield Family

7. linda mendoza Wednesday, June 18, 2014 / 5:05 pm

God bless the Burchfield family. We will never forget.

8. Sunni K. Harley Wednesday, June 18, 2014 / 4:57 pm

Honorary way to reserve the memory of her husband. May they reunite in Paradise.

9. Jeff Hartson Wednesday, June 18, 2014 / 12:02 am

My prayers go out to your family. Thank you for what you and Sgt Birchfield did for all of us. You will never be forgotten.