Brian McJunkin

Brian McJunkin

Sgt. Brian McJunkin

California State Prison – Sacramento (CSP-SAC) reported the passing of Retired Correctional Sgt. Brian McJunkin on June 20.

He started his CDCR career in February 1981 and was assigned to Folsom State Prison.

He promoted to Sergeant in 1987 and transferred to CSP-SAC in 1994. He stayed at CSP-SAC until his retirement in 2009. He returned to CSP-SAC as a Retired Annuitant in 2011.

An avid cyclist, Brian was a member of the CSP-SAC Cycling Team competing in this month’s United States Police and Fire Championships, where a moment of silence was held in his absence and honor.

A Christian memorial service will be 10 a.m. Saturday, June 28 at Sunrise Community Church, 8321 Greenback Lane, Fair Oaks, CA. 95628.  The church is located east of Fair Oaks Boulevard just past the Mount Vernon Cemetery.

1. valorie (johnson) tripoli Monday, May 18, 2015 / 5:21 am

I think this an old college friend of mine. If he went to and graduated from Cal State Chico in 1979, I knew him and worked with him. It is 2015 now, but i always remembered him and wished him godspeed in all he did. Sounds like he was well-loved and loved his life. Let me know. — Valorie

2. Kelley Shelton Friday, June 27, 2014 / 8:01 pm

Very Sad. Sgt McJunkin was a great Sgt. Just a really good guy. Worked with him at the camp. Prayers for his loved ones.

3. Andree Villalobos Thursday, June 26, 2014 / 7:00 pm

What a gift it was to have Brian work with us last year. Each day we would start with a short prayer. Brian quickly became our friend. Our only comfort is knowing he is now in Paradise with our Lord.
    Forever your Friend,
    Andree Villalobos
    Eric’s RV Repair

4. Eric Villalobos Wednesday, June 25, 2014 / 3:23 am

Rest in Peace Brian – I know you are in the care of The Lord Jesus . We will miss you greatly until we are all together in Heaven. Amen.

5. Kurt Harms Wednesday, June 25, 2014 / 2:00 am

I heard of his tragic passing and that he showed tremendous courage to the end. To think that our crazy skiing days didn’t take us then.

6. Mike Martel Monday, June 23, 2014 / 11:45 pm

What a terrible loss. There are folks that you meet and work with that you admire and respect . Brian was one of them. What a sad day.

7. BOB MESSER Monday, June 23, 2014 / 3:57 pm

Very tragic loss to all who knew and worked with Brian. He was the epitome of fitness and highly motivated even after his retirement. Love and prayers go out to his family, friends and coworkers. God speed, Brian. You will be sorely missed but never forgotten.

• George Gilmore Saturday, June 28, 2014 / 5:23 am

Brian was a good friend. We worked together at Folsom Prison. I have many memories of working in the Lock shop with him. I will remember with fondness the motorcycle rides we took. I send my condolences to his family, who he loved them very much. I know he is with the Lord and that is a comfort to all who knew him. The respect everyone felt for him is a testament of the man he was. George Gilmore