Gary Humecky

Wasco State Prison-Reception Center reported the passing of retired Correctional Officer Gary Humecky on Aug. 27. Officer Humecky started his career in July 1983 at the Correctional Officer Academy.

During his career, he was assigned to multiple institutions including California Correctional Institute, California Men’s Colony, Corcoran State Prison and Avenal State Prison.

He retired in April 2011 from Wasco State Prison.

1. Amy Flores (Buehler) Friday, September 12, 2014 / 1:18 am

I never had the opportunity to work with Gary, but he was a close family friend for many years when I was just a kid. This is terrible news. My deepest sympathy to his family, especially Brandon and Jacob. You will be in our prayers.

• Cirese Banks Friday, September 12, 2014 / 4:03 pm

Thank you, Amy. On behalf of the boys, I will let them know. I have copied each one of these and have given it to them, and they always smile after reading the nice things people have said. I thank you so much for your kindness.

2. keith kessinger Tuesday, September 9, 2014 / 2:14 pm

Gary was one of my closest friends. I have known him since we were born. His mom and dad were the coolest parents in the world and Gary was a real cool cat. I will miss him and pray for his soul. I know his Harley has missed him for a long long time.

• Ron Dodd Tuesday, September 9, 2014 / 4:00 pm

Gary did leave us all with a lasting impression. Many of the responses are from his childhood friends and in his passing he has somehow brought us back together after such a long time. My gosh, Debbie Bridges, Keith Kessinger. I have so many memories from the times we spent together growing up (Keith, I would imagine, is probably still working on growing up!). And Debbie coming clean about the crush she had on Gary. For over 40 years, I thought it was me! I’m crushed ; ).
      Rest in peace, Gary Humecky. I’ll see you on the flip side and thanks for the memories.
      Ron Dodd.

3. Deborah (Bridges) Wiles Monday, September 8, 2014 / 7:08 pm

I went to school with Gary starting in kindergarten at Orangewood Elementary. I had a crush on him but he never knew it. So sorry to hear about the passing of an old friend.

4. Debbie Humecky Kennedy Saturday, September 6, 2014 / 1:04 pm

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of Gary. I knew Gary in his younger years and will always remember his easy smile and humor (so much like Uncle Dan).
    Thoughts and prayers to his loved ones.
    “What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us.”
    -Helen Keller –

5. Susan Frederick Adams (on facebook) Thursday, September 4, 2014 / 6:23 am

I worked with Officer Humecky at WSP-RC many years ago. I was saddened to hear of his passing. My condolences and prayers to his entire family. May God’s peace and love embrace you always.
    S. Coakley

6. Cirese Banks Wednesday, September 3, 2014 / 10:10 pm

Since I have known both of you since High School, it is especially hard to hear of Gary’s Passing. Not sure when or if you have already held services for him, but I would volunteer my services as bugler if needed.
    I worked with Gary at CMC and WSP.
    I saw him at the 50 year reunion at FHS.

Jim Thompson

• Cirese Banks Wednesday, September 3, 2014 / 11:15 pm

Jim, please email me at cirese@live.com and I will let the boys know. They so appreciate all of the support they are receiving. Thank you.
      Cirese Banks

• John Humecky Thursday, September 4, 2014 / 6:07 pm

Jim, give me a call. Thanks!

7. Cirese Banks Wednesday, September 3, 2014 / 7:21 pm

Thank you so much, Ms. Clark. On behalf of our boys, Brandon and Jacob, we thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
    Cirese Banks

8. Peggy Clark Wednesday, September 3, 2014 / 6:33 pm

I worked with Gary at Wasco State Prison-Reception Center. I am so glad to be counted among his friends. He will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family during this difficult time.