Marcella Armstrong — services

Mule Creek State Prison reported the passing of the Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) Maintenance Mechanic, Marcella Armstrong. She died Aug. 17 as a result of a motorcycle accident.

Ms. Armstrong started her career with CDCR on March 23, 1990, at the Preston Youth Correctional Facility as a Carpenter I.

During her long career, Ms. Armstrong worked at California State Prison-Solano, the Deul Vocational Institution, The Richard A. McGee Correctional Training Center, CDCR Headquarters and Mule Creek State Prison, promoting along the way to a Maintenance Mechanic.

Services are schedule for 11:30 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 6, at the Glory Bound Fellowship Church, 3060 Highway 12, Burson. There will be a potluck fellowship at the hall following the service

1. Ralph Bain Wednesday, September 10, 2014 / 9:33 pm

I lived around the corner from her for over 10 years. I stopped by her house one time and she was in the garage welding up the frame on the hot rod. She was a trailblazer! There was standing room only at her memorial service, which says it all. She was a great lady!

2. Henry Collins Friday, August 22, 2014 / 4:21 pm

A beautiful woman with a heart of gold. God Bless sweet lady! You are loved and missed.

3. Henry Collins Friday, August 22, 2014 / 2:44 pm

A beautiful women with a heart of gold. God Bless, sweet lady! You are loved and missed.

4. Larry Greenslate Wednesday, August 20, 2014 / 5:43 pm

So glad to be counted among her many friends and to have had the pleasure of working with her. She lived her life big. Viajar con los Dioses, querida amiga.

5. Fred Luna Wednesday, August 20, 2014 / 3:50 pm

I worked with Marcella at the Correctional Training Center. She was very supportive of the custody staff there and was quick to fix any maintenance problems we encountered. She was a beautiful soul and I am so sad she’s no longer with us. My condolences to her family.

6. Pamela Dion Tuesday, August 19, 2014 / 7:16 pm

Marcella, you will be missed terribly.

7. Jody Maita Tuesday, August 19, 2014 / 3:57 pm

I like so many will miss you tremendously. The smile, jokes, helpfulness, caring, work ethic, integrity and the aura you emitted touched those who know you. Words cannot express the sadness those of us at Plant Operations feel with your passing. Heavens a bit brighter now.

• Susan K Wednesday, September 10, 2014 / 5:00 pm

A beautiful, strong, hardworking lady. I only knew Marcella for a short time. She brought me a survivors bracelet after my motorcycle accident. I was surprised by her kindness. I will never forget Marcella.