Roger Deschene

California Correctional Center reported the passing of retired Correctional Lieutenant Roger Deschene on Sept. 29.

He began his career with the California Department of Corrections as a Correctional Officer on Jan. 1, 1986, at San Quentin State Prison.

On Nov. 17, 1986, he transferred to the California Correctional Center.  He promoted to a Correctional Sergeant on April 24, 1995, and a Correctional Lieutenant on Nov. 22, 1999.  Lt. Deschene retired from service on Dec. 27, 2004.

1. Carol Tuesday, October 7, 2014 / 4:49 pm

A great softball coach back in the day!

2. Jeane Cole Tuesday, October 7, 2014 / 2:47 am

RIP, my little brother. I will miss you and you will forever be in my heart.

3. Katherine Madison Friday, October 3, 2014 / 7:23 pm

Thank you all for your kindness and words of praise for my brother, Roger Deschene. He was a great brother. He enjoyed the the S.F. giants baseball team and loved to go to their games. He had a love for all kinds of sports. He loved his family. He was good to his nieces and nephews, with whom he remained close all these years. He was called uncle Tiny for years by his nieces and nephews, because he was so tall. He will be missed by all. Kay

4. Olivia Zellner Thursday, October 2, 2014 / 6:06 pm

I am proud to say Roger was a great supervisor to work for at CCC. I learned a great deal from him over the years. God bless his family.

5. G.Day Wednesday, October 1, 2014 / 4:14 pm

Sad it has been almost 29 years since we were in the academy together. Sorry to hear this news. Too bad there are no pictures posted.

6. Sgt. R. Knigge (Ret) Wednesday, October 1, 2014 / 1:21 am

I’ve known Roger since I came back from CC#25 in 1990. I will miss him. Love ya my brother Roger. RIP, my friend.

7. chuck bennett Wednesday, October 1, 2014 / 12:19 am

RIP, Roger. Prayers to his family. He was a hell of a guy. One of my first sergeants. You’ll be missed, brother.