Nina Jensen

Folsom State Prison (FSP) reported the passing of Librarian Nina Jenson on Sept. 23.

She began her CDCR career at the California State Prison-Solano as a Librarian on Sept. 2, 1997. On April 1, 1998, she transferred to FSP.

1. Denise Tuesday, April 12, 2016 / 8:59 pm

It was a pleasure to have worked with Nina Jensen. She is truly missed by the Greystone Adult staff. We often think of her.

2. Sean Thursday, November 19, 2015 / 4:25 pm

She will be missed.

3. Cathy Wright Tuesday, October 6, 2015 / 9:27 am

My condolences to her family and friends. She had a quirky sense of humor and yet she was always professional and pleasant. She will be missed.

4. Arno Nappi (SAC) Wednesday, September 30, 2015 / 8:38 am

Nina was always helpful. Over the years, we sometimes exchanged titles when oredering genre literature. She will be missed.

5. R. Dartis Tuesday, September 29, 2015 / 5:14 pm

It is with deep sadness hearing that My co-worker passed away. Ms. Jensen
    Was a wonderful person to work with And a true professional.

I worked with Ms. Jensen the past five years at Folsom State Prison, she kept the library up and beyond state standards. She was a good person and someone that I will truly missed.

I can still see her crystal blue eyes in my mind. She was an intelligent and dear person the the FSP faculty will deeply miss.

Sincerely,

Robin Dartis
    Supervisor of Academic Instruction
    Folsom State Prison

6. Brandy Buenafe (OCE) Tuesday, September 29, 2015 / 4:26 pm

Your passion for librarianship and zest for life taught me so much Nina. God bless you.

7. l. sanchez Monday, September 28, 2015 / 2:43 pm

Goodbye, Nina Jensen, I wish you well in your quest to redeem the redeemer again within the living cosmos of gnosis, the Library.

“What makes us free is the knowledge of who we were, what we have become; where we were, where we have been thrown to; where we speed to, where we are redeemed from; what is birth and what [is] rebirth.”

— A Valentinian commentary on the path of the Travelers, from The Excerpta Ex Theodoto, passage 78:2

8. Connie Davis (HDSP) Monday, September 28, 2015 / 8:04 am

Nina was such an integral part of the CDCR Library staff, recognized not just at Folsom but also throughout the state. Her enthusiastic personality will be missed; and I, personally, am so sad that she missed fulfilling her dream of being the Senior Librarian. She taught many, many of us so many things. Rest in peace, Nina. My condolences to her family and friends.