Cornelio Carrasco killed in head-on collision

cornelio corrasco obitCalifornia Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison at Corcoran (SATF) reported the passing of Cornelio Carrasco, a Plumber II, on Feb. 8.

According to his family, Mr. Carrasco was on his way to work when he was involved in a two-vehicle crash in Visalia at 7 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 8. He succumbed to his injuries at the hospital a short time later.

According to news reports, Mr. Carrasco’s vehicle was hit head-on when another vehicle swerved into oncoming traffic.

He began his career with CDCR on Jan. 16, 2001, as a Plumber II at SATF.

Mr. Carrasco was a military veteran and recipient of the purple heart for his service in Vietnam, according to news reports.

1. WHITAKER Friday, February 26, 2016 / 12:10 pm

I didn’t know you personally, however I saw you everyday! God’s speed, and prayers to your family!

2. Jan Lines Wednesday, February 17, 2016 / 12:06 pm

I can’t even begin to say how missed Corney will be. He was a man among men who always took care of business but never forgot to have a good time while doing it. Prayers to the family for peace in such a hard time.

3. Kassandre J. Clayton Tuesday, February 16, 2016 / 10:27 am

Praying for comfort and peace to the Carrasco family in Christ Jesus. Very sorry for your unforeseen loss. Blessings.

4. Catherine Cohagan Friday, February 12, 2016 / 11:20 am

I didn’t know Mr Cornelio Carrasco personally, but he appeared to be a hardworking, deserving, good man. My deepest condolences.

5. Brian Friday, February 12, 2016 / 8:59 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, coworkers and friends of Cornelio Carrasco. Thank you so much for your brave service. I’m sure you are in a happier place. “Welcome home Cornelio.”

6. C/O R. Askew Thursday, February 11, 2016 / 5:26 am

Rest in peace and in God’s loving care, Mr. Carrasco. Thank you for your service to our country, and your sacrifices during the Vietman War.

7. Mendoza Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 10:47 pm

I did not know you sir, but that morning I heard the sirens and prayed to God that everyone was OK. Sorry to hear that was not the case. I pray your family finds comfort in God’s hands. May you rest in paradise.

8. caroline zavala Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 7:49 pm

My condolences going out to Mr. Carrasco’s family. My deepest sympathies to his wife and children. May the Lord be with them through this tough time. God has gained another beautiful angel. He is in a better place with no pain or suffering. May the Lord lift up his spirit. Rest in paradise.

9. geter.kawatha@cdcr.ca.gov Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 3:46 pm

On behalf of the staff at Folsom State Prison, our condolences go out to the Carrasco family.
    Cornelio, rest in peace.

10. Sandra Cardoza Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 2:56 pm

Rest in peace, Mr. Carrasco. May God bless and touch his family during this very sad time.

11. Patricia Mora Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 12:31 pm

Although I didnt know Mr. Carrasco, this is such a terrible thing that has happened. My deepest condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

12. Louie Lombardi Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 12:30 pm

My heart and prayers go out to Carrasco’s family. He greatly loved his family as he spoke of them often during the commutes to work. There was a point during our carpooling years that we would leave the house a little early every Friday. We would stop by Farmersville to get a breakfast sandwich from Dan’s Aunt Virginia but not tell our spouses because we were supposed to be on a diet at that time (LOL). Like many others, I myself will greatly miss him. Thank you Carrasco “Corney” for the great memories. God bless, Carrasco.

13. Deborah Johnson Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 12:20 pm

On behalf of CCWF, our prayers are with the family and the institution staff.

14. Michael Jackson jr. Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 12:08 pm

R.I.P Corny. You will be missed. One of the nicest and funniest guys I had the pleasure to work with in Plant.

15. Ralph Diaz Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 11:16 am

This great family man will be greatly missed by many. Thank you Cornelio for the laughs and time we shared on our rides home to Woodlake.

16. Jennifer Ogborn Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 10:59 am

This is just heart breaking. I am praying for Mr. Carrasco’s family.

17. V.Love Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 10:48 am

My deepest sympathy for the family of Mr. Carrasco. Praying for comfort during this most difficult time of loss.

18. Elio Toledo Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 9:56 am

He is now touching the face of God. Being missed here and loved here while now in heaven in God’s embrace, he is loved and taken care of. My condolences to the family.

19. Mayur Amin Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 9:53 am

Heartfelt condolences to his family. Prayers for Mr. Carrasco. Prayers for the safety of many CDCR staff who put their lives at stake in the line of duty on a daily basis and also with daily commutes. This is really very sad.

20. CRC Paint shop Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 9:44 am

Very sad. My condolences to his family. God bless.

21. Karen Bains Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 9:44 am

My heartfelt condolences to Mr. Carrasco’s family.

22. Denise Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 9:43 am

It breaks my heart to see a man who obviously fought so bravely for the freedoms we enjoy today, to survive that hell, only to be killed in such a senseless manner. I can’t imagine the pain his family is going through right now. My heart, my love, and my prayers go out to his family during this time of crisis. May they have some of his strength and courage to get through this. May they be comforted in the light and the love of the Lord.

23. Lisa A. Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 9:22 am

My heart goes out to his family! So sad. Military Honors all the way!

24. Brenda Barnes Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 9:18 am

My condolences to the family.

25. Lupe Perez-Samaniego Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 9:17 am

My deepest condolences to this family – I pray for God’s peace and strength for Mr. Carrasco’s loved ones at this time. Thank you for sharing him with all who worked with him.

• Reginald Honore Wednesday, February 10, 2016 / 11:37 am

Sorry to hear about Mr. Cornelio Carrasco. May God give his family strength. I retired from California State Prison in Lancaster in January 2014 and had to commute from Riverside to Lancaster 5 days a week over, 100 miles round trip. Yes, it’s dangerous out there.