Jan Hansson

Hansson​Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility reported the passing of Jan Hansson, Staff Psychiatrist, MD, on Feb. 23.

Dr. Hansson began his career as a Staff Psychiatrist in 2002 at Napa State Hospital.

In 2003, he transferred to Atascadero State Hospital. On May 22, 2006, Dr. Hansson transferred to RJDCF as a Staff Psychiatrist.

1. Nancy Ramirez Friday, March 11, 2016 / 12:09 pm

Dr. Hansson was the light of the room. He was a great soul!
    He brought laughter and ease to anyone in the room.

“What day is it? HUMP DAY!”

May you rest in peace. You will be missed. My thoughts and condolences to his family.

2. linda nucci Wednesday, March 9, 2016 / 5:57 pm

RIP, Dr. Hannson. Prayers are with you and your family. — Nucci

3. Dorrie Steadman Wednesday, March 2, 2016 / 12:52 pm

I am so sadden by this. I absolutely loved working with Dr. Hansson. No matter how stressful the situation, we made each other laugh at work and we both always agreed working was our entertainment. I am going to miss him and his funny stories. I am going to miss him eating all of my potato chips! He was always good to the staff and I had a lot of respect for him.

He will be missed by many!

My condolences and prayers to his family.

4. Esperanza Perez Sunday, February 28, 2016 / 6:42 pm

You will be missed. I loved working in the building with you and your fellow staff . May you rest in peace.

5. K. Witt Saturday, February 27, 2016 / 5:00 pm

Support to the Hansson family. Dr. Hansson, may you find rest.

6. Richard Jordan Sheriff Friday, February 26, 2016 / 5:45 pm

I share with the Hansson family my feelings of sadness and grief.
    For any pain he experienced during his journey of life, be assured that his spirit carries on with peace and relief.
    Throughout his years he gave his best.
    May throughout eternity his soul be at rest.

7. David Donoghue Friday, February 26, 2016 / 1:33 pm

I loved making you laugh, you were the best audience. I’m going to miss you a lot. Thanks for all the support, laughs, and making a stressful job fun. I hope you are at peace and pray for your family. I really thought the world of you and will never forget you Doc.
    David Donoghue

8. Vince O'Brien Friday, February 26, 2016 / 11:13 am

A tragic loss for all concerned.

9. Peter Singer Thursday, February 25, 2016 / 11:28 pm

Tragic loss of a brilliant life. Rest in peace, Jan.

10. mohammed farha Wednesday, February 24, 2016 / 1:39 pm

May you rest in peace Dr. Hansson, you will be well missed.

11. SGT.F. De La Torre Wednesday, February 24, 2016 / 12:19 pm

My prayers go out to his family. Dr. Hansson will be missed. Rest in peace, my friend.