Gilbert Hudson

Capt. Gilbert HudsonThe Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and California State Prison, Corcoran (SATF/CSP, COR) reported the passing of retired Capt. Gilbert Hudson on June 27, 2016.

He began his CDCR career in November 1985 as a Correctional Officer at Folsom State Prison. He transferred to SATF/CSP, COR in October 2009 as a Captain.

He retired in November 2011.

1. Tina Torres Monday, July 18, 2016 / 7:18 am

CCII Gil Hudson, that is the rank that I met him as. He either loved you or hated you! So I was very lucky that he loved me. He was so straight forward and that is one of the many things I loved about him. He would help you with any questions or assistance you needed. One thing is for sure, he was very proud of his daughter and he would never hesitate to say that! My thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and his beautiful wife and the entire family. May his memories live forever in your hearts. God’s Peace.

2. Jessica Lynn Blackstock (Nichols) Wednesday, July 13, 2016 / 9:31 am

I met Gil at CEN and worked for him for many years. At first, I thought WOW, this guy is a Class A jerk! However, he wore on you after a while and became a good friend, leader, example and all around tough guy that you wanted on your side. Prayers to his wife Linda and daughter Christine. You were always his lights at the end of the tunnel. Take care buddy, you will be missed.

3. Jenna Castro Tuesday, July 12, 2016 / 3:10 pm

I began working with Gil at KVSP as his Lieutenant. He drove me crazy with his “hey man what’s up with this”!! He made me laugh so much, and we became good friends. As he was talking to the MAC’s I was locking them up for various reasons. He would laugh and say man I can’t even get a MAC established on this yard. I knew from the start he was a family man and he acted like a gentleman. He spoke regularly about his kids and would always say my daughter Christine is now out ranking me! He would laugh and smile from ear to ear, and you could tell he was very proud. He would brag about Linda being a nurse, and how she got through nursing school. The stressful job was fun working with him, and I always new he had my best interest at heart and always had my back when we worked the yards. I am still in disbelief of his passing and will greatly miss that old guard.

• Linda Hudson Tuesday, July 12, 2016 / 5:14 pm

Jenna- Gil loved working with you. He talked regularly about you. He always said he knew he could trust you and knew you would take care of business when he wasn’t around. He was proud watching your career grow. I think he felt like he played a small part in it. He honestly cherished the friendship he had with you and Johnny.

4. Kelly Santoro Tuesday, July 12, 2016 / 2:33 pm

Gil was an amazing man and friend. He was a Sergeant and a CCII at Centinela with me, then my Captain on Facility E at SATF. Very no-nonsense and was a straight shooter. always knew where you stood with him. But always had a awesome sense of humor too. He was just simply amazing….rest in peace, Gil….LOVE YA!!!

• Linda Hudson Wednesday, July 13, 2016 / 6:10 am

Thank you Kelly.

5. Christine Tuesday, July 12, 2016 / 1:27 pm

Gil is my Dad. He actually started his career at CSP-Soledad and transferred to Folsom to be near his family. He has also worked at CSP-Corcoran; Centinela State Prison; Pleasant Valley State Prison; Kern Valley State Prison; and retired from SATF. He worked as a “Guard”, Sergeant, Lieutenant, CCI, CCII and Captain. He has touched many lives and will be missed! He was the kind of person we need more of in CDC, rare and true (anyone who knew him knows he wouldn’t take any nonsense). He passed away while on a Harley trip with his best friend of over 30 years. Me and my mom Linda (his wife of 43 years) and his best friend were able to be by his side when he passed. May he rest in peace! I love you Poppa!!

Christine

• Christine Huckabay (Hudson) Tuesday, July 12, 2016 / 1:56 pm

Please send the link to anyone you think would be intersted to view this Obituary. Thanks! I didn’t see it until today, I am sure others have not either!

• Linda Hudson Tuesday, July 12, 2016 / 2:12 pm

Thank you for the corrections, Christine. Your dad was proud of his career with CDCR but not as proud as he was/is of yours. He loved you very much AW Christine Huckabay!

6. Tommy Wan Wednesday, June 29, 2016 / 10:24 am

I had known Gil during my time at COR, and we met again at SATF. He was from the old school that had no tolerance for lazy people. We maintained our contact after his retirement. I will miss his funny emails and him as a good friend.

• Linda Hudson Tuesday, July 12, 2016 / 2:18 pm

He definitely was not “politically correct” and never pretended to be!

7. Susan Morelock Wednesday, June 29, 2016 / 8:57 am

Gil was my Captain at SATF and sometimes filled in as AW. Sometimes ran into him in town. He was tough on the outside but did have a gentle inside. I’ll miss you Gil. Rest in Peace.

8. A. Watts Wednesday, June 29, 2016 / 8:10 am

Gil was a good guy! I worked in Central Kitchen with him at Centinela. While he had a rough exterior, he was kind hearted and caring on the inside. I offer my condolences to Linda, and family. I know his daughter Christine as well. May you find peace knowing the he is watching over you guys now, your guardian angel.

• Linda Hudson Tuesday, July 12, 2016 / 2:22 pm

Thank you. People who took the time to know him loved and respected him. People that didn’t, really missed out!

9. Ben Shaw Wednesday, June 29, 2016 / 6:45 am

I remember you well. Rest in Peace.