1. L.Johnson, SDA Friday, July 1, 2016 / 12:10 pm

John was a rare breed. He towered over almost everyone, but always made you seen like you were bigger than life. Not a day went by where I didn’t see John and not a day went by where he didn’t give one of his infamous “bear” hugs. John, loved riding…whether rain or shine and sometimes even sleet and snow:). I spoke with John the day before his big ride and he was so looking forward getting out on the road with all his “brothers”. I am so so sorry your ride here on earth was cut short, but you can guarantee he is riding with the angels now. John left a void in the hearts of everyone who knew him here at HDSP and we will forever miss him. I still look out my window, when I hear a motorcycle go by, hoping it was all a mistake and you’ll be waving a big hello! RIP John. Gone, but never forgotten.

2. M. Lee Thursday, June 30, 2016 / 11:30 am

My guardian angel rides a Harley…. Ride in Paradise grandpa, love you.

3. Lunchbox Tuesday, June 28, 2016 / 3:13 pm

John,
    You were not only a friend to me, you were a brother and a father figure, over the last couple of years. We developed an awesome friendship. Riding without you will never be the same! You were a man of your word.
    Ride free, brother.
    I love you.

Lunchbox

4. Mark Lewis, SRNII Tuesday, June 28, 2016 / 2:28 pm

John,
    You are my long time friend, and we worked as partners in many nursing jobs over the last eighteen or so years. We got together often on the streets to hunt, fish, shoot, camp, play music, play computer games, lift weights, hunt for natures oddities. We had long and fascinating discussions from philosophy to the three stooges. I sang accompaniment to your excellent baritone to the delight of our peers, we laughed a lot…You are a kind and dedicated soul and I could not, nor would I replace you as my best friend. Godspeed, & happy trails John.

5. R. Dood Tuesday, June 28, 2016 / 8:32 am

Big John, I have worked with you a lot over the years. I am so sad to see you go. You always had the time to say hi to everyone, and always had a big old bear hug for all. Working with you in R&R and TTA over the years were good times. I learned a lot from you, and I’ll never forget you. You have left a hole in the HDSP medical staff’s hearts that will never be filled. You have touched so many here. RIP John, and may you ride on in peace through the streets of heaven! We love you.

6. Regina Randall Monday, June 27, 2016 / 8:38 am

Big man and gentle giant with a heart of gold. Always treated everyone with kindness and I will miss you biggest and best bear hugs. Your loss has touched so many people, and I am sad to say goddbye, but better for having known you.

7. Mary Buhay Friday, June 24, 2016 / 1:16 pm

Big John you touched so many of the HDSP family here with your daily “good mornings and hellos”. You made our day better and I thank you for that everyday in my prayers before I come to work.

8. Kerr Osgood Thursday, June 23, 2016 / 1:46 pm

Larger than life in size, heart and integrity, we have lost a good man. I will miss your great big HUGS, your music, your stories… working with you in R&R when you used to get held over for a big bus. Your memory will bring sadness and a smile. Those who took the time to get to know you are richer and fuller inside for it. We were given a great gift. I’m honored to call you friend, to get to know you and work with you. Rest in peace, my friend, you are onto the next journey.

9. R.Kapuschinsky@cdcr.ca.gov Thursday, June 23, 2016 / 5:56 am

You are deeply missed, a well loved and respected man. In the wind, brother.

10. vince.vanbrunt@cdcr.ca.gov Tuesday, June 21, 2016 / 3:14 pm

My Friend John, your presence is already missed here at the CTC. I’ve worked with you near your entire career here in Lassen county. I agree with your daughter: you “always tried to do the right thing.” If you were here working overtime, we would be eating a meal about this time and of course as always you are always invited and welcome. God speed my friend. It was my pleasure to work with you for years. I know your family misses you dearly. On behalf of all of the CTC staff, we enjoyed your company.