1. Sgt. S. O'Brien Wednesday, April 19, 2017 / 1:28 pm

One of my first days at Corcoran, after transferring, was working with Wimbley… he was so welcoming to me… a new officer coming into an institution where everyone has each other’s back… years later, I was working with him again… we reflected on when I was still fairly new and he told me that I fit in just fine at Corcoran… he even said I had the best nickname in the prison…SOB… you will be missed brother… may God open his arms and welcome you, your wife and son to heaven… God bless you my friend… prayers for your family, our Corcoran family and all affected by this tragedy… stay safe and God bless

2. M. Navarro Jr. Monday, April 10, 2017 / 9:21 am

You were my friend and brother, I’m going to miss the conversations we had about our boys and everyday stuff. My heart goes out your family, my prayers go out to your remaining family members and everyone who will miss you. I know you, your wife and son will be greatly missed. May you and your family Rest in Peace. As my son tells me every night…”Sleep with the Angels”.

3. P. Torres Saturday, April 8, 2017 / 12:53 pm

Went to Academy and was in the same Company as Wimbley. Was hella cool and funny! Sad to hear and may he rest in peace!

4. A. Delos Santos Monday, April 3, 2017 / 9:17 am

We at Corcoran were blessed to have worked with Alphonso. He gave us a laugh, a smile or sometimes a headache, but he was family. He will be missed. May God bless you and your family.

5. L. Cramer Friday, March 31, 2017 / 9:14 am

This is an absolute tragedy. He always had a smile on his face and was always willing to lend a hand. You will be missed very much. My thoughts are with the family. RIP.

6. D.McGrew Thursday, March 30, 2017 / 9:04 pm

Will always remember your good natured joking and your laughter. RIP Wimbley with your wife and son.

7. Danielle McGuire Thursday, March 30, 2017 / 9:57 am

I will miss him. He was such a great guy!

8. Dwight Wimbley Thursday, March 30, 2017 / 8:10 am

From the distant family members. You will be missed. With love and prayers.

9. Jeff McCoy Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 6:53 pm

I grew up with Alphonso. What a nice guy he was, and what a nice person Kristin was. I will miss them sorely. R.I.P.

10. H. Cheema Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 5:07 pm

RIP brother , you will be missed. Prayers to the family and friends. Prayers to the Corcoran family. What a tragedy…

11. R. Lowe Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 4:26 pm

My brother from another mother, may God bless and protect your remaining family in their time of need.

12. M Tuntakit Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 2:59 pm

R.I.P. brother and prayers to the family and friends at Corcoran; sorry for your loss.

13. Cookie Navarro Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 12:15 pm

Officer Wimbley may you rest in peace along with your wife and son. I pray that God’s loving arms wrap around your family and that they feel His strength in this time of deep sorrow.

14. M. Bejarano Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 11:40 am

If I am not mistaken Alphonso Wimbley had additional children. Please keep this family in your prayers and I hope there are some hardship funding in the works for this family. please let us know. God Bless.

15. C Aragon Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 9:18 am

May your family feel the comfort of angels’ wings more at this time than ever. Gone too soon, but in our Lord’s timing. End of Watch, sir.

16. Anita Ford Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 9:11 am

So, so sad. What a terrible loss for CDCR and their entire family. My thoughts and prayers are with them. I hope the person responsible for taking these innocent lives spends the rest of his life behind bars.

17. E. Sanchez Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 9:03 am

Although we didnt know eachother very well, you never passed me without greeting me and shaking my hand. God bless you badge brother, you are very heavy in my heart and the hearts of the staff here at CSP-Corcoran.

18. A. Kellogg Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 8:45 am

Love you and miss you Brother. My prayers and thoughts are with your family.

19. J. Carrillo Wednesday, March 29, 2017 / 7:59 am

May God bless the hearts of the Wimbley family and their friends as they try to cope with the aftermath of such a terrible tragedy.