Here are some useful tips to stay on top of the time change:
- Although many widely used electronic devices such as cell phones are updated automatically, continue to double-check.
- Children may have difficulty during bedtime and wake-up time. Try to keep routines the same (even if that means having dinner earlier for a few days).
- Take advantage of the longer daylight hours by engaging in an outdoor activity.
- As a convenient reminder, many fire departments encourage people to change the battery in their smoke/carbon monoxide detector when changing their clocks.
- The U.S. Naval Observatory’s website gives the current time for all time zones, and it’s free: https://tycho.usno.navy.mil/timer.html
(Editor’s note: Some websites may not be accessible from a CDCR computer.)