1. G. Perry Saturday, May 13, 2017 / 12:20 pm

I started at DVI in April of 88 and after 4 prisons and more than 29 years now, he is the only Lieutenant I remember by name from DVI. I remember all of those stripes up his arm. I would like to see a full article on his career sometime. Sorry to hear of his passing, but glad to know he lived a long life.

2. S. A. MEDENWALD Thursday, May 4, 2017 / 12:18 pm

Lt. Chandler was the first Lt. I met when I began my career in 1989 at DVI. He was an old timer back then. He told me, if I remember correctly he did construction and worked on building DVI in the ’50s. I believe he was the most senior Lt. in the state back in ’89. He was very informative and helpful to a fish C/O. He must have been because, I had not seen him since I left in 1990 and I still remember him and his stories. Rest in Peace Lt.

3. Michael Zulim, retired Wednesday, May 3, 2017 / 1:58 pm

Sorry to hear about this. Lt. Chandler was one of my first lieutenants that i worked for in 1979 as a fish at DVI. He was a good man, fair and firm. A stoic man of integrity. God bless you Lieu

4. Michelle Ward Monday, May 1, 2017 / 8:49 am

Lt. Chandler was a landmark Lt. He embodied CDC. He was one of the first Lt.’s I met at DVI and he always brought a smile to my face. Lt. Chandler, you are truly missed. RIP Lt. Chandler. My condolences to his family.

5. Dana Klopstein Saturday, April 29, 2017 / 10:50 pm

Lt. Chandler, one of a kind man. DVI, icon. RIP you will never be forgotten.

6. J. Leonard, Lt. Retired DVI Friday, April 28, 2017 / 7:25 pm

Lieutenant C. Chandler was the perfect example of Fair, Firm, and Consistent. RIP.

7. Thomas Porter Friday, April 28, 2017 / 1:57 pm

A man of good character and integrity who helped me on the road to rehabilitation – Helped me to get in the Air Engines Vocational Training Course.

He touched lives on both sides of the aisle – Offenders and Staff

8. J. G. Friday, April 28, 2017 / 8:36 am

WOW!!!! RIP LT.
    Curious to know his total State Service years. 37 as a Lieutenant is absolutley unheard of. I’m sure he left quite a mark on CDC back in the day. Condolences to the family.