Randall Joaquino

Kern Valley State Prison (KVSP) reported the passing of Correctional Officer Randall Joaquino on April 9, 2017.

He began his CDCR career in February 2007 as a Cadet at the Richard A. McGee Correctional Training Center. In June 2007, he was assigned to KVSP as a Correctional Officer.

1. M.Quatman Tuesday, May 2, 2017 / 9:56 am

I remember his smiling face and was always in good spirits. Prayers to his family who have to suffer this loss.

2. M. Perez Friday, April 21, 2017 / 11:37 am

I can still see his young face out of the academy. Good words Duarte. RIP.

3. Aragon Friday, April 21, 2017 / 7:42 am

End of Watch Sir, Thank You for making a difference

4. A. Guirnalda Tuesday, April 18, 2017 / 9:12 pm

I was shocked to hear of his passing. He was a really good partner and vanpool partner when I was across the street at KVSP. RIP Buddy.

5. SAM Monday, April 17, 2017 / 7:44 pm

I’m sorry to hear of his passing. He was a partner of mine back at Kern Valley. He was a good man, a funny man. Many condolences.

6. Shelly Joaquino Thursday, April 13, 2017 / 6:19 pm

This is his now widow, I would like to thank all of you who have sent prayers, food, time, etc. to me and our young boys. Randy was such a good man and was honored to be an officer. Please cherish your family. You never know when the last time you see them is the last time you see them. In this kind of job please watch each other’s back.

• Dan Monday, April 24, 2017 / 9:23 am

I am sorry for your loss.

• Brittany Wednesday, July 26, 2017 / 11:26 am

Shelly. It’s Brittany, alma’s daughter. We just heard. We are so sorry for your loss. He was a great man. He was very devoted to his family. He would go out of his way at every gathering to make sure everyone had a great time. We will keep you in our prayers.

7. Hill, M. Tuesday, April 11, 2017 / 8:53 pm

Really cool guy! I’m shocked and saddened to hear of Joaquino’s passing. My prayers go out to his family.

Rest in peace, partner.
    M. Hill

8. michael.duarte@cdcr.ca.gov Tuesday, April 11, 2017 / 1:53 pm

great partner, good guy, very sad…We need to talk to one another, be there for one another. Life is short.
    RIP Brother