Adrian Manns

The California Institution for Men (CIM) reported the passing of Correctional Officer Adrian Manns on June 15, 2017.

He began his CDCR career in July 1995 at the California Youth Authority. He transferred to CIM in March 2010.

1. Darryl Niemann Sunday, June 25, 2017 / 9:01 am

All of my time knowing and working with Adrian at YTS was always associated with a good memory, either with a smile or laugh or taking care of business working together. I sincerely feel the loss of a good friend, and will miss him. With all my respect and prayers to the Mann family for their loss, God Bless Adrian !!
    Officer D. Niemann
    YTS, HDSP, CRC, CIM

2. Kim Manns Friday, June 23, 2017 / 11:51 am

Adrian was an amazing friend to so many and a great husband and father to his children. Although our marriage lasted a short 14 years we remained good friends until the end and enjoyed raising our girls together and talking and laughing about the many memories we shared. I can’t praise him enough for being a hands-on father who from day one loved his kids to no end. He remained close to them and created a bond that they will never forget. I want to thank all of his co-workers (sisters and brothers) who have been there to support not only Adrian, but our family during his illness and time(s) off from work. There are so many who donated their time so that our family could still receive a paycheck. When he first got sick in 2001, and I was not working, it was you all that supported us until he was able to return to work. I will never forget how Christmas presents were bought for our children from his work family. Your support over the 16 years of his illness has not gone unnoticed and myself and my girls appreciate and thank you for it. God bless you all and may Adrian rest in peace.

• Joyce Dixon-King (Smiley) Friday, June 23, 2017 / 11:05 pm

Love you Polly and Maya Williams. Love. Joyceksmiley@aol.com
      To Kim Manns, I worked with Adrian when he became ill from the beginning. I learned what true friendship is all about. The family came to gather with gifts of love so that your family would not go without. My vehicle was full of presents for your children wrapped in love. Adrian was so full of life and he shared it will all who came in contact with him. Once he returned to work the first time, he shared with me what kindness of love that was bestowed on your family. We both had cried that day. Also he let me know that Peter Duffy showed him unconditional love, in which he stated that he would always pay his kindness forward. I am a better person for not just because of my faith, family,and friends, but because I was graced with the warmth of Adrian Manns.

3. Polly Coleman Friday, June 23, 2017 / 11:44 am

Smiley, I agree with you Adrian was a true friend and my little brother as he called me big Sis. I remember when we were at YTS, Adrian would see me from across the field and drop his bag and run to greet me with a hug and a hello. We soon became friends and worked together on E&F where he was a Counselor, football coach to the wards and food orginizer for the staff. He informed me right away that I would be responsible for bringing a dish of his choice for the staff. We had many fun times together from me sitting in his backyard watching my sons play basketball against Adrian on his Lakers basketball court to house parties, music concerts and parties in Las Vegas with our spouses and friends. I will miss him dearly and my heart aches for his three beautiful, intelligent daughters and his devoted wife. Rest in Peace my brother, Rest in Peace. Sincerely, Polly Coleman

4. Joyce Dixon-King (Smiley) Tuesday, June 20, 2017 / 12:19 pm

Adrian was a true friend! I worked with him at Heman G Stark when he was the only male on our shift. He was one male to four women and ever night we would lock up, do our counts, finish paperwork and then sing / laugh until our shift was over. That was Adrian, Smiley, Mona, Chris and Delilah. When Adrian first became sick, I called the Hospital Emergency Room and I talk to this man who was in extreme pain. He stated, ” What the Hell, Smiley”, how did you get through. We laughed about this incident all the time. As we also went our separate ways, my phone would ring, it would be Adrian, he would say I was thinking about you Sis. Thank You for always be the friend I needed and the brother that I will never forget. Love Always, RETIREE YA/CDCR JOYCE DIXON-KING (SMILEY)

• M. Williams Friday, June 23, 2017 / 1:37 pm

Hi, Smiley. Just saying Hi. – P.T. Williams CIM). You have also been a friend to me and I loved working with you at YTS CTC….I’m am glad to see you have retired and moved to the next chapter in your life.