By OPEC Staff
The Resource Planning and Reduction Section began mailing Wave 1 Placement/Layoff letters to impacted staff on January 26, 2012.
For individuals who receive layoff letters, the effective layoff date is February 29, 2012, and for individuals who receive a placement letter, the effective date of placement is March 1, 2012. The individual must report for his or her new position by 8 a.m. on that date.
The names of individuals who meet re-employment criteria will be added to the State Personnel Board’s appropriate re-employment listing effective February 29, 2012.
Key dates for the AB 109 Layoff process:
- September 2, 2011: Seniority Score Verification discrepancy period ended.
- October 21-27, 2011: Mailing of SROA Notices to impacted employees.
- November 1, 2011: Impacted staff placed on SROA/Surplus status.
- Week of December 26, 2011: Options packets mailed to impacted employees.
- Beginning January 26, 2012: Placement/Layoff letters mailed to impacted staff.
- February 29, 2012: Layoff effective date.
- February 29, 2012: Re-employment effective date.
- March 1, 2012: Placement effective date.