1. Tweak the sweets. Choose fruits over desserts.
2. Cheers to good health. Drink water to manage calories.
3. Bake healthier. Use recipes with pureed fruits instead of butter or oil.
4. Spice it up. Use spices and herbs instead of sugar and salt.
5. Brighten your meal. Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables.
6. Skim the fat. Try skim evaporated milk instead of heavy cream.
7. Swap the grains. Choose whole wheat flour instead of white flour.
8. Go easy on the gravy. A little bit of gravy goes a long way.
More tips at https://www.choosemyplate.gov/.
Learn more at OEW, https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Wellness/index.html