CDCR has two openings for Clinical Social Workers at the California Correctional Center in Susanville, one of the least expensive housing-cost areas in California.
The salary is from more than $72,000 to more than $100,000 with full state benefits, including a pension that vests in five years.
The average home price in Susanville is $166,200 and a one-bedroom apartment rents for an average of about $880.
Other benefits to living in the Susanville area included:
- Little over an hour from Reno, Nev.
- Just over 2 hours to Mt. Shasta and skiing, camping and lakes.
- 1 hour from Lassen Volcanic National Park and Lassen National Forest
- Close to Chico State University, University of Nevada Reno, Lassen Community College, Feather River Community College, and Truckee Community College, plus many more
- Numerous hiking/mountain biking trails, horseback trails and wildlife
The position is with CDCR’s Alternative Custody Program and not the California Correctional Health Care Services. Applicants should look for California Correctional Center when they apply.
For more information and to apply, go to: https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=80511