By Claudette Perrin, Youth Correctional Counselor
Pine Grove Youth Conservation Camp
Pine Grove Youth Conservation Camp raised funds to donate to organizations supporting victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, trauma, neglect and suicide prevention.
The youth chose to raise money to support victims of these causes as many youth have experienced significant exposure to traumatic settings as primary or secondary direct victims.
Witnessing and living with experiences such as domestic violence and neglect has made a profound impact on several Pine Grove youth, including emotional trauma and inter-generational patterns of abuse behaviors.
The youth donated $2,500 total to five community agencies in five regional counties to combat the cycle of abuse and support victims.
PG youth donations will expand to service the local communities of Amador, Calaveras, Sacramento, San Joaquin, and Tuolumne Counties through the following non-profit organizations:
- Amador: Operation Care $500
- Calaveras: Crisis Center-The Resource Connection $500
- Sacramento: W.E.A.V.E. Women Escaping A Violent Environment $500
- San Joaquin: Women’s Center Youth & Family Services – Lodi/Stockton $500
- Tuolumne: CNVC Center for a Non-Violent Community $500